5.20.2017

The Heavens Declare (Psalm 19)

The Psalms are all so beautiful that it's very hard to for me to pick a favorite one! I do have favorites, though, and among my favorites is Psalms 19, in which the psalmist begins by saying "the heavens declare the glory of God". It's true! When I see a beautiful sunset, I'm reminded of the stunning glory of God- and thankful that He allows us to experience just tiny glimpse of it through natural beauties like breathtaking sunsets. Below is Psalm 19, accompanied by some snapshots of sunsets over the years. (Note: the photos below are mine.)



The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech and night to night reveals knowledge.


There is no speech, nor are there words whose voice is not heard. Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.



In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. 


Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat. 



The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; 


the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether.



More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.


Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults. Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me!


Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression.



Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, Lord, my rock and my redeemer.



Share with the world:

27 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful psalm - so much truth and encouragement. Your photos are lovely too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! It is such a beautiful Psalm. xx

      Delete
  2. Emily, these photos are so beautiful. And don't even get me started on that psalm- I love it.

    -T
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tane! I was so glad to see a comment from you- thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. I love that psalm, and your photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
    -M-

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are really pretty, especially the second!
    PS. I tagged you for The Liebster Blog Award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for the tag- I will go check it out. =)

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures! Did you take them?
    -Gray Marie
    graymariewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I did take them. :)

      Thanks for your comment, and for following my blog! xx

      Delete
  6. WOW. WOWOWOWOWOWOW.
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. *blushes* Aww, thanks. =) <3333 So are you!! ;)
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW, I'm going to see if Savannah can help me with inviting you to my blog. ;)
    Jaidyn Elise Perran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm looking forward to it, and I hope it works out better this time!:D Sorry for all the trouble getting it to work out...

      Delete
  9. Great!!
    Aww, thanks for your sympathy- it totally wasn't your fault in the least. ;)
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm sure it wasn't your fault either. ;)
      Thanks again, sweet girl!♥

      Delete
  10. Aww, thanks, girl! It just seems like blogger isn't getting it right. =/
    You're welcome!! <3
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. and. I forgot your e-mail. *sighs* I'll have to go get it again. ;)
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find it easily, just let me know and I'll send it again! Sorry to complicate things- I'd just rather not publish my email on the blog right now. ;)

      Delete
  12. OK! That's totally fine. It isn't your fault in the least. =) OK, I totally understand, we're the same way. ;)
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea for a blog post - beautiful in all its simplicity. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jordy! I love doing posts like these. xx

      Delete
  14. I love reading them. There's something refreshing about stepping out of the norm every now and again.

    ReplyDelete

hi there, and thanks so much for leaving a comment! thoughts about what you read here make my day and I respond to each one. please keep your words kind and respectful to other readers and to our Lord- and thank you for taking the time to read. xx

 
blog Design by Beautifully Chaotic. Blog Content © 2017 by A Purpose and A Promise