2.22.2018

dry soul / living water


photo mine


i'm dry
i'm shriveled and cracked
my heart is drooping
from the weight of life
and this desert heat
is weighing down
on  e v e r y t h i n g
but especially my joy
when the sand billows up
whipping all around
driving in the cracks
of my already girtty
stale and burning heart
it's all too easy
to succumb to the desert  
i'm dry

i'm dry- and thirsty
i just want water
but to find it
i have to know 
just how to get it
i have to want it
enough to get it
i have to search and look
and drive in deep
and only then can
it satisfy and fulfill
when i've taken it up
it's now mine
but yet
if i didn't want it
so desperately 
i wouldn't be seaching
so it's really this way:

the water calls to me
come, drink
you're dry
and i realize it
i want it
so i search for it
and finally, i find it
i didn't know what
i really needed
or even that i was dry
i was just in need
but it called 
and only then
was i fulfilled
i'm satisfied
with living Water

i'm satisfied
and i'll never be thirsty
 since i'll never be dry again
i'm satisfied 


but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. the water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. // John 4:14

 and He said to me, “it is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. to the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. // Revelation 21:6

when the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst, I the Lord will answer them; I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys. I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. // Isaiah 41:17-18 

Share with the world:

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Skylar! So glad you stopped by! xx

      Delete
  2. You have talent...keep fighting, keep striving toward's the goal. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kara... your words are so encouraging. xx

      Delete
  3. Girl, you're amazing! Don't give up on Him and keep up the amazing writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a beautiful poet, Emily! This piece reminded me of Isaiah 55, "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters... Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live." ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hosanna! Oh, yes... that is such a beautiful verse. I had a very hard time deciding which passages to include in this post because there were so many amazing ones on this topic (it obviously must be important, right?) Thank you for sharing this one! xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, and all those promises are so wonderful! I like the one you shared from Isaiah 41, "I the Lord will answer them." Sometimes I'm so tired and thirsty, and how refreshing to know that He will answer us with open rivers. =) I needed that reminder right now. =)

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful. <3 I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jane! Glad you stopped by! xx

      Delete

hi there, and thanks so much for leaving a comment! thoughts about what you read here make my day and I respond to each one. please keep your words kind and respectful to other readers and to our Lord- and thank you for taking the time to read. xx

 
blog Design by Beautifully Chaotic. Blog Content © 2017 by A Purpose and A Promise