1.13.2017

10 Amazing Songs (And Why)



Hello, friends!
Today, I'd like to share a few of my favorite songs that have encouraged and impacted me, and why. There's so many good songs out there, and I have such a hard time picking favorites! But I've tried my best to narrow it down to my top 10 favorites (listed in no particular order). Enjoy!







Hello My Name Is // Matthew West


This song is such an amazing reminder of who we are in Christ! We're no longer slaves to fear and regret- we're children of the One true King.  As an added bonus, I'll share the link to a music video of this song done by an American Heritage Girls troop. It's really neat- but then again, I might be  slightly biased. :P  You can watch it here.





 Mighty to Save // Laura Story


This song has been one of my favorites for a long time. The title fits well with Zephaniah 3:17- "The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save....".  I also love the part where it talks about God being the "Author of our salvation". Such a beautiful song!





          Just Another Birthday // Casting Crowns


This song always makes me cry! And the music video.... *wipes tears*  To me. this song really reminds me of God's amazing grace and power to redeem situations that we think are nonredeemable in such a poignant way.






 Name // Nicole Nordeman



This is actually the only song I've listened to by Nicole Nordeman so far...... and I really like it! It's a wonderful reminder that if we're a child of God, we can never get too far away from Him, or our faith. Even when it feels like it, He is always there, ready to pick us up and revive our hearts.






Who Am I // Casting Crowns


This song always leaves me humbled... humbled, and indeed asking "Who am I, that the Creator of everything would give His life for me?" Such an awesome reminder!





                                                  

Go Light Your World // Chris Rice
                                            

The message in this song's lyrics is so good! If God has given us His light in our lives, it's our job to be spreading that light to others in the dark world around us, like Matthew 5:14 says: "You are the light of the world...."







Tell Your Heart to Beat Again // Danny Gokey 



This is a fairly new favorite of mine, but I absolutely love the message. Too often, we hold onto pieces of the past that we can't let go of becuase of the guilt we feel. This song is a reminder that we don't have to feel that way- we can leave the past behind and continue on in the light of grace.







 Jesus, Friend of Sinners  // Casting Crowns

Can you tell by now that I really love Casting Crowns? :) I know I've already included two of their songs, but I just couldn't leave this one out. It's always reminded me how we should be loving others the way Jesus does and not be judging them based on what we think. We're all sinners, saved by His grace!







 Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) // Chris Tomlin


Amazing Grace is such a beautiful song, and this version is especially beautiful. This music video features some clips from the movie "Amazing Grace" (which, by the way, is a great movie).  What amazing grace we have received!







Lead Me to The Cross // Francesca Battestelli


This is such a beautiful worship song! It always reminds me to stop and remember what Christ has done for us on the cross, and how His sacrifice enables us to come closer to Himself.




++++++++++++



 Of course, there were a few songs that didn't make it in here, but maybe I'll share those another day. ;) I hope you were encouraged by these songs, and maybe found a new favorite or two!
What are your top 3 favorite songs, and why?

//Emily

Share with the world:

8 comments:

  1. Hey these songs are some of my faves and I actually know them all so we must share similar tastes. =)
    My top three favorite songs are If The House Burns Down Tonight from Switchfoot which pretty much talks about not allowing your possessions to become #1 and keeping your priorities straight when it comes to being a Christ follower. I also love Cease Fire from ForKingandCountry which is from the movie Ben-Hur and is a good one about forgiveness! Then lastly I really enjoy Skillet's song Lions which is very beautiful as it talks about running like lions, flying on wings like eagles and gives a pretty description of being a true champion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat! I love finding similarities with others. :)

      Thanks for sharing some of your favorite songs! They all sounds really good, and I'm going to go look them up right away. ;)

      Thanks for reading, Kara Lynn!

      Delete
  2. All these songs are awesome :D thanks for sharing!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellie! They are pretty awesome songs. =)

      Delete
  3. I really like all of those songs to!
    My top 3 favorite songs are Sparrows by Jason Gray its talks about how worrying cant add time to our life and how much God loves us so he will take care of us!
    Go Hard by Lacrae it talks about going hard for the Lord and letting him us you as a faithful servant.
    Kings and Queens by Audio Adrenaline it talks about orphans and how we should take care of them like God takes care of us, and if You have read my blog you will see I have 2 adopted siblings so this song kinda reminds me of my own family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your favorite songs! I love "Sparrows" too, and "Kings and Queens" is also a great song. I'll have to check out the other one. ;)

      Thanks for reading, Kelsea! <3

      Delete
  4. This was a great post, Emily!! I really liked seeing all your favorite songs, it was fun. =)
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaidyn! I appreciate your sweet comments. <3

      Have a great day as well!

      Delete

hi there, and thanks so much for leaving a comment! thoughts about what you read here make my day and I respond to each one. please keep your words kind and respectful to other readers and to our Lord- and thank you for taking the time to read. xx

 
blog Design by Beautifully Chaotic. Blog Content © 2017 by A Purpose and A Promise