3.12.2016

Choose Joy!


Hello, friends! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family.
Lately, the weather has been very rainy and gray, and it can just make you feel down sometimes. Combine that with an already busy and stressful day and a million things on your mind that you have to do, well, it's hard to be joyful at times like that. Before you know it, you are walking around with a gloomy face and your family is wondering what's wrong with you! In times like that,we need to be reminded that God is still good, and that our joy is not dependent on the circumstances around us. 1 Thessalonians 5 :16 says to "Rejoice always", not just when things are going great.
In case you're having a day like that, here's a few reminders about joy. And even if you're not having a bad day, enjoy them anyway!  (Hey, I made a pun! :P)


































Have a joy-filled day!





Share with the world:

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful reminder to choose joy, Emily! It's very easy to be gloomy when things aren't going right, but we have to be joyful in ALL circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quotes and verses, and the reminder to always choose joy, even when things aren't looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther! I'm glad you commented. :)

      Delete
  3. I like the one,"Joy is easily transported. Bring it with you." It is very true! Thanks, Emily!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabella!! I'm so glad you checked out my blog!
      I like that one too.... I kind of like all of them! :D I have issues picking favorites.

      Delete
  4. Joy is a wonderful thing, Emily. I'm so glad that God takes the time to give us joy every day:) Great post!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Sarah. And thank you so much for the follow!! :)
      ~Emily

      Delete
  5. Thanks for posting those Emily! I might borrow a few of them for our "quotes of the day" on a group blog I am in. =) It is such a good reminder to be joyful--even when it's hard!!

    And are you updating your blog? It has a new look! =D

    ~Hosanna Emily
    HavingaHeartLikeHis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hosanna! Yes, I have changed my blog design. My latest post has some more on that--please tell me what you would like to see in the future!

      Delete

hi there, and thanks so much for leaving a comment! thoughts about what you read here make my day and I respond to each one. please keep your words kind and respectful to other readers and to our Lord- and thank you for taking the time to read. xx

 
blog Design by Beautifully Chaotic. Blog Content © 2017 by A Purpose and A Promise