4.08.2016

Presenting Poetry, April Edition





Hello, readers!
I wanted to let you know that from now on, you can expect my posts on Fridays. If I have anything extra, that will be on Tuesdays, but Friday will be my main day. Just wanted to let ya'll know!
And yes, this post is extremely short, but it's better than nothing.... ;) I've been very busy this week, so my "post writing time" got cut a bit short.

Okay, now on to the topic for today. It's time for the April edition of Presenting Poetry. The poem this month is:




PASS IT ON 

By Henry Burton

Have you had a kindness shown?
Pass it on;
 Twas not given for thee alone,
Pass it on;
Let it travel down the years,
Let it wipe another’s tears,
Till in heaven the deed appears—-
Pass it on.
Did you hear a loving word?
Pass it on;
Like the singing of a bird?
Pass it on;
Let its music live and grow,
Let it cheer another’s woe,
You have reaped what others sow—-
Pass it on.
Be not selfish in thy greed,
Pass it on;
Look upon thy brother’s need,
Pass it on;
Live for self, you live in vain,
Live for Christ, you live again,
Live for Him, with Him you reign—-
Pass it on.

 I think this poem is a good reminder that everything belongs to God. The poem doesn't directly state that, but of course, it's true. Whenever God blesses us through something or someone else, we should take the time to pass it on! Whether it's through a kind word, a random act of kindness, an unexpected surprise, or whatever He sends our way, we should reflect Him back to others. Sometimes it's just too easy to receive and not to give, but it's "always more blessed to give than receive" (Acts 20:35).
So there's my  quick thought on that poem. I hope you enjoyed this poem, and you can expect my next post to be a bit longer! Thanks for reading!



Share with the world:

9 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem, Emily! It is so easy to get and not give back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an sweet poem. It is a great reminder too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thank you so much for reading!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely poem! I love poems that have a certain phrase they repeat all throughout.

    Oh, and I tagged you for the Infinity Dream Tag if you have any interest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment and the tag! I will go check it out. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this poem, Emily! I just found your blog and I'm kind of stalking you... (plus I like your name a lot, but I'm totally not biased.)

    Anyway, I also adore your take on the poem. It's beautiful. :)

    - Emily @ forthebookish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily! Thanks so much for commenting! Haha, I'd love another "stalker", and I have to agree about the name. :D
      I'm so glad you liked the poem! And I'll totally check out your blog soon.
      ~Another Emily :)

      Delete

hi there, and thanks so much for leaving a comment! thoughts about what you read here make my day and I respond to each one. please keep your words kind and respectful to other readers and to our Lord- and thank you for taking the time to read. xx

 
blog Design by Beautifully Chaotic. Blog Content © 2017 by A Purpose and A Promise