5.02.2018

lead me to the Rock {psalm 61}



Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer; 
 i know You hear me
please help me pray like it
from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
You hear me from wherever i am
and however i am 
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I, 
 i desperately need a shelter
but i can't reach it myself

for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy.
even when i can't see it
You have kept me hidden in Your hand

Let me dwell in your tent forever!
Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings! Selah 

in Your house and in Your presence
is the only place where i am safe

For you, O God, have heard my vows;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.


You have seen my heart's cries and promises
and yet You still call me Yours

Prolong the life of the king;
may his years endure to all generations!

You have preserved the faithful ones
and kept their testimonies for the times to come


May he be enthroned forever before God;
appoint steadfast love and faithfulness to watch over him!

let us remain faithful to You, O Lord
for Your faithful love has guarded us


So will I ever sing praises to your name,
as I perform my vows day after day

You heard my cries; now hear my praise
and tune my soul to sing them forever



lead me to the Rock
that is higher than i
and that is You


Share with the world:

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Emily. The Lord makes you so creative and the words are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lord truly gave me the inspiration for this piece for sure! Thank you so much, sweet Jordy! xx

      Delete
  2. This is great, Emily! That’s such a beautiful Psalm and I love the way you wrote your own poem/prayer along with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just one of those Psalms that is so relevant no matter what time or situation you might be in, isn't it? Thank you, Sarah! xx

      Delete
  3. Amen! Wow, I basically second Jordy's comment. You're a blessing and inspiration! I like to pray through psalms like this, but I've never written it down before. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Jessica.... thank you! Writing and praying psalms is a beautiful way to apply them to our lives, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  4. Wow. This is incredibly worshipful, Emily. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mikayla, for your encouraging comment! xx

      Delete
  5. Hello, Emily! I tagged you for the aesthetic tag on my blog- https://imgoingonanadventure15.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-aesthetic-tag-keeping-it-real.html And if you'd like to do it but don't want to post your picture on the internet (in the "post a selfie" question), that's fine, just skip that question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Korin! Thanks so much for the tag! Kara also tagged me back in her original post, and I've been planning to do this sometime in the future. I love the idea! xx

      Delete

hi there, and thanks so much for leaving a comment! thoughts about what you read here make my day and I respond to each one. please keep your words kind and respectful to other readers and to our Lord- and thank you for taking the time to read. xx

 
blog Design by Beautifully Chaotic. Blog Content © 2017 by A Purpose and A Promise